Thursday, September 25, 2008

In This Political Season - An Endorsement

Hey, I need to send my thanks to the only Real Man in comics, Beau Smith, for his kind words about our humble efforts here.

In today's Busted Knuckles column (which you can read right here), he gives this blog a recommendation. He says:
It's kinda got a neighborhood diner sound to it and that's okay with me. In my opinion, Chuck writes really good, well thought out reviews. He has already interested me into checking out some titles that I usually don't. He has also kept me from paying hard earned money for books that would've ended up wasting my time. I appreciate that. His reviews are fair, balanced and throw in just enough wit without going over the border into Snarky Town where the intolerant and ignorant dwell in their mother's basement. I hope that you give Chuck's Comic of the Day a try. Please tell him that Beau sent you. I don't know if I'll really benefit from it, but it's a nice thing to do.
Thanks, Beau! In the face of such praise, I can only say, "Aw, shucks!" We'll try to live up to that high praise.

In addition to writing his blog, Beau also writes the column "Dottin’ The Eyes" for The Comics Buyer’s Guide, and "Far From Fragile" for Impact: The Global Action Entertainment Magazine. He also has some cool comics projects coming up, and was nice enough to send me a preview copy of his upcoming book Lost & Found, which I'll review in the near future.

I don't care what anyone else says, Beau - you're OK in my book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I first heard about your site today, from Beau. Now you're on my RSS feed and bookmarked.

So, Beau sent me.

Chuck said...

Krod, I appreciate you dropping by - let us know what you think of the site.