Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Marvels Project #3 (of 8)

I have to admit that I'm severely under the weather here, friends - not sure if it's just a cold, the flu or the dreaded swine flu (the first two are making their way through the building I work in - not sure about H1N1).

The point being, I dragged myself to the computer to write a review, but it's going to have to be a short one.

The Marvels Project tells the story of the earliest days of Marvel's super-powered heroes, and continues to find interesting corners we haven't really looked at before.

The writing by Ed Brubaker is strong, the art by Steve Epting is powerful and captures the time period well.

A darn good series that continues to entertain.

Sorry to be terse - I'll hopefully be back to my old gabby self tomorrow.

Grade: A-

4 comments:

Kyle said...

Hope you're feeling better soon Chuck!

Chuck said...

Kyle, thanks! I seem to be doing a little better today, but I'm still a bit woozy. (Oh, man - am I reaching the age where I complain about every ache and pain? It's just sad.)

Al Bigley said...

Been enjoying this comic more than I thought!

Al Bigley

Chuck said...

Al, that's exactly how I feel about it. I shouldn't be surprised, considering the creators involved, but it seems like such well-worn territory, I didn't think they could manage a new angle on it. Silly me!