Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Comic Book Day!

Here's what I picked up today at the comics shop:

- Dark Avengers #13 - Give them credit for making The Sentry an interesting character - and a sacrilegious one!

- Avengers vs. Agents of Atlas #1 (of 4)
- This looks like fun.

- Blackest Night: The Flash #2 (of 3) - Some interesting twists (and lost of Rogues) here.

- Blackest Night: The Phantom Stranger #42 - Always liked this character. Must be the hat and the medallion.

- Blackest Night: Starman #81 - Another comic I really liked, though this one apparently focuses on The Shade. That's OK.

- Captain America #602
- One more week to the final issue of "Reborn," right?

- Green Lantern Corps #44 - More fighting, I'll betcha.

- The Incredible Hercules #140 - The most underrated comic around.

- The Incredible Hulk #606 - Another good one, though I could care less about the whole Fall of the Hulks story.

- Power Girl #8 - OK, maybe this one is the most underrated comic.

- Solomon Kane: Death's Black Riders #1 (of 4) - Glad to see this one back again.

- Spider-Woman #5 - This one is building nicely.

- Uncanny X-Men #520 - Lots going on here, which is nice.

And that's it!

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Thanks for the heads up Chuck... I had forgotten BN: Starman was coming out. And I don't remember hearing about BN: The Phantom Stranger... might give that a try, depends on if I hear good things about it... (hint, hint)

Chuck said...

Kyle, I like the idea of these "missing" issues, although the execution has been a bit hit-and-miss so far. I haven't read the Phantom Stranger issue yet - I'll have to move it to the top of the stack!

Kyle said...

Hey Chuck, agree completely re: missing issues...

On side note, just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your posts... It seems we have very similar tastes, I have picked up and enjoyed many comics I wouldn't normally have tried after seeing them on your site (Beasts of Burden!!)... Thanks...!