Wednesday, September 5, 2012

New Comics Day!

Here's what I picked up today:

- Action Comics #0 - Has to be more valuable than issue #1, right?

- Archer & Armstrong #2 - The odd couple is back.

- Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #3 (of 4) - Trippy.

- Creator-Owned Heroes #4 - Wrapping up the opening story lines.

- The Defenders #10 - More craziness.

- Earth 2 #0 - The big three duke it out.

- Fairest #7 - A change of pace.

- Green Lantern #0 - The origin of a different Green Lantern.

- Invincible Iron Man #524 - Teaming up with a old enemy.

- Road to Oz #1 (of 6) - Meet the Shaggy Man and Button-Bright.

- The Phantom Stranger #0 - Let me go on record as saying that giving the Stranger an origin is a terrible idea.

- Mighty Thor #19 - All-out battle and a surprising twist.

- World's Finest #0 - Making new friends.

- The First X-Men #2 - Meeting Magneto!

I also received review pdfs of:

- Executive Assistant Assassins #3 - Heading for a showdown.

- Fathom #7 - There's an ocean under the Sahara?

And that's it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuck, I actually took some time and looked through most of the new DC "Zero" issues.
I didn't say I bought any of them!
But as I put them back, I thought, wonder what Chuck will have to say about them?

Sam Kujava

p.s. Green Lantern with a gun? Dude, if you've got a power ring, you don't EVER need a gun!

Chuck said...

I have to admit I didn't even look at most of them. The "Zero" idea doesn't bother me (although my inner mathematician cringes at the idea of giving an issue a "zero" number), as long as there's a decent story involved.

Oh, and I agree about GL holding a gun. Silly.

Glen Davis said...

I agree about Phantom Stranger. He's a Stranger!

Chuck said...

Some characters are better with a mysterious background. I feel the same way about Wolverine.

dwayne said...

Phantom Stranger #0 is the only one of the issues I bought, and even though I knew it was an origin, I thought the same as you. Why are they doing this? Don't they understand the attraction of the character?

And hoping this isn't a spoiler, but the story screws up TWO characters' origins.