Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Rocketeer: Cargo of Doom #3

As much as I enjoyed the recent Rocketeer mini-series (and their mini-stories), I'm getting a bigger kick out of the Cargo of Doom story.

It's a feature-length story written by Mark Waid - one of the best in the business - and he realizes that this hero belongs firmly in the world of pulp adventure, so he piles on lots of action, dinosaurs, mysterious opponents, gruff sailors and more than a few surprises along the way.

It makes for a tasty treat, aided ably by the art by Chris Samnee, who was born for this kind of rough-and-tumble, monsters-men-and-mayhem-loaded adventure.

What more do you need? Great characters, over-the-top action and terrific art. Shouldn't you be buying this already?

Grade: A

----------------


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm buying it! And loving it! I prefer the longer story format to the short tales we have been seeing in the previous mini-series; I hope IDW keeps this up!

Sam Kujava

El Vox said...

Yes, the longer stories are better. I hope IDW continues in this mode with different writers & artist. Think of the possibilities. I'd like to see Brubaker try his had at it and even someone like Darwyn Cooke, etc.