Wednesday, December 23, 2015

"Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens" - Movie Review

  I had to hold off a few days to see Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens so I could see it with my entire family (including my two sons and their wives) - I believe it's the first Star Wars movie I didn't see on opening day (he said, hanging his head in shame).

  We all enjoyed it a lot - and I was amazed that no one had spoiled the (numerous) surprises in the film. As someone said, it just shows how much everyone loves Star Wars - they want everyone to enjoy it!

   So my next challenge is to write a spoiler-free review for the blog - and my pal Mark Cannon emailed this to me as a Christmas present (thanks, pal!):

   "If you are a fan of the original Trilogy, you should love it. 


   The makers have realised the benefits of decent pacing, reasonable dialogue, good actors and minimising the use of CGI. 

   It’s not perfect, and you’ll probably hope that the next film veers a little more from the original template - but that will just make you all the more eager to see Part VIII.”

   Thanks, Mark! 

   I agree! The film introduces characters new and old, sets up a new storyline (without throwing away the old), mixes in the heart and humor and history of the series and lays the foundation for future movies. 

   Kudos to the cast, crew and creative team for breathing new life into this beloved series. It's a heck of a lot of fun and highly recommended!

Grade: A

----------------------

1 comment:

e1e2t3 said...

Nicely done! Merry Christmas!