Thursday, March 24, 2016

All-New All-Different Avengers #7

   Gah.

   See, this is how you drive Chuck away from a title.

   I've been enjoying the All-New All-Different Avengers - it has featured smart stories written by Mark Waid and terrific art by Adam Kubert.

    It includes some nice moments between Falcon - uh, Captain America and Jane Foster - uh, Thor, and between the Vision and Ms. Marvel.

   That sets up a quick battle, a big mystery and a collision with the Uncanny Avengers team.

   And that's where this whole story jumps the tracks - to read it will require buying both titles, along with prequel and postlude issues - and the story also weaves through Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., New Avengers, Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D., Captain America: Sam Wilson, and Illuminati.

   And since I don't buy any of those comics, I have a choice - do I add more comics to my pull list, do I stick to the main titles, or do I just say "the heck with it" and drop all the Avengers titles?

   My solution is, I'll keep buying this title for the creative team. But many more stunts like this and I think I'll have no choice but to drop this title, too.

Grade: A-

----------------------

No comments: