Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor #9

   The one strike against the televised "modern" adventures of Doctor Who is that sometimes the plots get a bit too tangled to follow (I'm looking at you, Sandmen).

   That's a charge that can fairly be leveled against this adventure of the 10th Doctor (David Tennant, natch).

   It finds the Doctor and two companions - Gabby Gonzalez, an artist, and Cindy Wu, Gabby's best friend - in a sleepy village that's plagued by a strange, ghost-like witch that lives in a well.

   The witch attacks people and steals their memories - all while making odd, fragmented comments that seem familiar.

   It's up to the Doctor to sort out the mystery and find a solution.

   But I have to admit, even after reading this issue, I'm not sure I entirely understand what happened.

   That probably says more about me than about this comic - but if I'm struggling, I assume most readers will do likewise. It's ok for a writer to be clever - but it's possible to be too clever, too.

Grade: B

---------------------

No comments: